Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jump Ropes, Shoes, and Shirts.....Oh MY!!!

Equipment, equipment, equipment.  It seems like I'm always buying something to try and help me improve my workouts.  So, Again Faster has a new jump rope and guess who wants it.  I do it spins faster than my Buddy Lee rope, but when you miss the double under you pay for it.  I really don't know if it will help improve my times or improve my double under skills, but the point is I want it. 


I recently bought a pair of Newtons to run in.  I'm still adjusting to running in them because of the natural style the shoe employs.  But this has to be the third pair of shoes I've bought in about three months.  I tend to buy shoes for everything.  I buy the shoe to train in, run in, etc.  I almost bought the new Reebok Crossfit shoe at the games and I think I would have had it not been for the simple fact that I just bought a pair of Saucony's a week before I went to California for the games.  I'll probably be buying that shoe once it comes out or asking for it for Christmas.  The beauty of this shoe is that it is a lifting shoe that you can run in.
Oh and did I mention socks.  You have to have the right socks.  The ones that wick away the moisture from your foot but still feel awesome on your feet.  Personal favorites are Balga but recently I bought a pair of Lulu Lemon's and absolutely love them.  I haven't ran in them yet but can't wait to try them out.  And then there are compression sleeves.  I have Skins and really like the results I've gotten from them but I know there are others on the market however I haven't tried them.
Did I mention T-shirts and shorts yet.  Well I should.  I love the new Lulu Lemon Boogey shorts I got.  The only compression type short that I have ever liked on me, so if you've tried and tried compression shorts and you hate the way they look, I totally recommend you try Lulu Lemon http://www.lululemon.com/.  T-shirts, we all have our preferences, I love RokFit.  I think I own almost every one they make.  They feel awesome and look the same way.  I also like Life as RX and several others.
Last thing you need to complete the equipment is a WOD book.  You can buy an app for the phone such as Beyond the Whiteboard or just keep it in notes or buy a journal.  I bought a sports journal at the games and am super excited about it.

Any recommendations on equipment I will gladly take them and if you have any questions about equipment I'll do my best to answer them or direct you to someone who knows.  Happy WODing:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment